I am a second year PhD student in the Department of Computer Science at Virginia Tech. My advisor is Prof. B. Aditya Prakash. I completed my B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangladesh University and Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh in 2016. My undergraduate advisor was Dr. Tanzima Hashem. Here is my academic resume. Other than Computer Science, I have extreme interest in Neuroscience and Behavioral Psychology.Discovery Analytic Center (DAC) Lab Email- anikat1[at]vt[dot]edu
My research interest lies in graph mining, time series and data mining. Currently I am working in explaining patterns and predicting vulnerabilities in various domains in urban computing. My research work is funded by NSF Urban Computing fellowship Award #1545362
Selected PublicationsMy Google Scholar
- Tracking and Analyzing Dynamics of News-cycles during Global Pandemics: A Historical Perspective [pdf]
Sorour E. Amiri, Anika Tabassum, E. Thomas Ewing and B. Aditya Prakash in SIGKDD Explorations. Vol 21, Issue 2. 2019.
- Quantification of Energy Cost Savings throughOptimization and Control of Appliances within SmartNeighborhood Homes [pdf]
Supriya Chinthavali, Varisara Tansakul, Sangkeun Lee, Anika Tabassum, JeffMunk, Jan Jakowski, Michael Starke, Teja Kuruganti, Heather Buckberry, JimLeverette in ACM International Workshop On Urban Building Energy Sensing (UrbSys) 2019, New York.
- Urban-Net: A System to Understand and Analyze Critical Infrastructure Networks for Emergency Management [pdf] [demo]
Anika Tabassum, Supriya Chinthavali, Sangkeun Lee, Liangzhe Chen and B. Aditya Prakash in SIGKDD 2019, Anchorage.
- Data Mining Critical Infrastucture Systems: Models and Tools [pdf]
Anika Tabassum, Supriya Chinthavali, Liangzhe Chen, and B. Aditya Prakash in IEEE Intelligent Informatics Bulletin,Issue Vol.19 No.2, Dec 2018.
- Dynamic Group Trip Planning Queries in Spatial Databases [pdf]
Anika Tabassum, Sukarna Barua, Tanzim Hashem, and Tasmin Chowdhury in SSDBM 2017.
- Discovering knowledge regarding academic profile of students pursuing graduate studies in world's top universities [pdf]
S Ahmed, ASML Hoque, M Hasan, R Tasmin, DM Abdullah, A Tabassum in Computational Intelligence International Workshop, 2017.
- University ranking prediction system by analyzing influential
global performance indicators [pdf]
A Tabassum, M Hasan, S Ahmed, R Tasmin, DM Abdullah, T Musharrat in KST 2017.
- Software Design and Data Structures, CS 2114 (Spring 2019, Fall 2018)
- Introduction to Software Design, CS 1114 (Spring 2018, Fall 2017)