Curriculum Vitae: PDF
(Last Update: 01/14/2018)
Interest: Machine learning for human health and biology
I am a 2nd-year Ph.D. Student in Computer Science at Virginia Tech, advised by Professor Liqing Zhang. My research interests lie in the fields of Machine Learning, Genomics, Metagenomics, Precision Medicine, Computational Drug Screening.
In the last summer, I worked for Microsoft Research (Genomics Group) as a research intern under supervision of Dr. Erdal Cosgun (June - August 2017).
Before came to Virginia Tech, I was a research associate in the Data mining & Bioinformatics Laboratory where my advisor was Professor Youngmi Yoon (Mar 2015 - Aug 2016) and I received my bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering (Feb 2015) at Gachon University, South Korea.
I have been applying machine learning approach to solve real-world problems related to human health, biology and pharmacology. Specifically, I have conducted research on several topics, including "Machine learning for variant calling data", "Prioritizing resistome risk", "Computational drug repositioning", "Cancer diagnosis and prognosis" and "Gene regulation process analysis".
(Google scholar profile)
- Min Oh, Amy Pruden, Lenwood Heath, Xia Kang, Liqing Zhang. "MetaRisk: A Computational Pipeline for Prioritizing Environmental Resistome Risk" FEMS Microbiology Ecology (Under Review).
- Chihyun Park, Youngmi Yoon, Min Oh, Yu Seok Jong, Jaegyoon Ahn. "Systematic identification of differential gene network to elucidate Alzheimer's disease." Expert Systems with Applications 85 (2017): 249-260.
- Youhyeon Hwang, Min Oh, Giup Jang, Taekeon Lee, Chihyun Park, Jaegyoon Ahn, Youngmi Yoon. "Identifying the common genetic networks of ADR (adverse drug reaction) clusters and developing an ADR classification model." Molecular BioSystems 13 (2017): 1788-1796.
- Min Oh, Jaegyoon Ahn, Taekeon Lee, Giup Jang, Chihyun Park and Youngmi Yoon. "Drug Voyager: A Computational Platform for Exploring Unintended Drug Action." BMC Bioinformatics 18.1 (2017): 131.
- Min Oh, Jaegyoon Ahn, and Youngmi Yoon. "A Network-Based Classification Model for Deriving Novel Drug-Disease Associations and Assessing Their Molecular Actions." PloS one 9.10 (2014): e111668.
- Soyoun Hwang, Youhyeon Hwang, Min Oh, Youngmi Yoon. "Construction and Comparison of Drug-Disease Pathway Network for Drug Repositioning." Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology (JKIIT) 14.9 (2016): 119-129.
- Giup Jang, Youhyeon Hwang, Min Oh, Taekeon Lee, Youngmi Yoon. "Novel Drug Similarity Measuring Method based on Text Mining for Predicting Similar Drugs." Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology (JKIIT) 14.7 (2016): 127-137.
- Taekeon Lee, Youhyeon Hwang, Min Oh, and Youngmi Yoon. "Target Prediction Based On PPI Network." Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information 21.3 (2016): 65-71.
- Youhyeon Hwang, Min Oh, and Youngmi Yoon. "Extraction of Specific Common Genetic Network of Side Effect Pair, and Prediction of Side Effects for a Drug Based on PPI Network." Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information 21.1 (2016): 115-123.
- Youhyeon Hwang, Min Oh and Youngmi Yoon. "Identification of Prognosis-specific Network and Prediction for Estrogen Receptor-negative Breast Cancer Using Microarray Data and PPI Data." Journal of the Korean Society of Computer and Information 20.2 (2015): 137-147.
- Jeeyeon Lee, Min Oh, Youhyeon Hwang and Youngmi Yoon. "Classification of Molecular Sub-types of Breast Cancer Using Integrated Gene Expression Data." Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology (JKIIT) 13.2 (2015): 163-173.
- Min Oh and Youngmi Yoon. "Drug-Repositioning Based on Distance Features on the PPI Network." Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology (JKIIT) 11.12 (2013): 205-211.
- Enabling Machine Learning for Variant Call Format Data Analysis
Microsoft Research, Redmond, Washington, USA, August 2017
- Computational Drug Repositioning Strategy & Its Application
Utah-Inha DDS & Advanced Therapeutics Research Center, Incheon, South Korea, March 2015
Journal Refree for
- International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB), 2013 - current
- Advanced Machine Learning (CS 5824), Prof. Huang, Fall 2017
- Information Visualization (CS 5764), Prof. North, Fall 2017
- Data Analytics II (CS 5526), Prof. Huang, Spring 2017
- Theory of Algorithms (CS 5114), Prof. Heath, Spring 2017
- Data Analytics I (CS 5525), Prof. Reddy, Fall 2016
- Algorithms in Bioinformatics (CS 5124), Prof. Zhang, Fall 2016
Copyright © 2018 Min Oh