I am currently 4th year PhD candidate in the Department of Computer Science at Virginia Tech. My advisor is Dr. B. Aditya Prakash. I completed my B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangladesh University and Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh in 2016. My undergraduate advisor was Dr. Tanzima Hashem. Apart from research, I also like problem solving, hiking, watching Netflix, and reading articles on psychology and neuroscience.Sanghani Center of AI and Data Analytics Email- anikat1[at]vt[dot]edu
My research interest broadly lies at the intersection of data mining and critical infrastructure. To be more specific, I work to develop explainable techniques and incorporate domain knowledge into machine learning to solve challenges related to critical infrastructure and cyber-physical systems. My current research is in collaboration with the scalable computing group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL). My research work is funded by NSF Urban Computing fellowship.
Conferences and JorunalsMy Google Scholar
- Actionable Insights in Urban Multivariate Time-series[pdf][code]
Anika Tabassum, Supriya Chinthavali, Varisara Tansakul, and B. Aditya Prakash. ACM CIKM. 2021.
- Cut-n-Reveal: Timeseries segmentations with explanations [pdf] [code]
Nikhil Muralidhar, Anika Tabassum, Liangzhe Chen, Supriya Chinthavali, Naren Ramakrishnan, and B. Aditya Prakash. ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST). May, 2020.
- Tracking and Analyzing Dynamics of News-cycles during Global Pandemics: A Historical Perspective [pdf]
Sorour E. Amiri, Anika Tabassum, E. Thomas Ewing and B. Aditya Prakash in SIGKDD Explorations. Vol 21, Issue 2. 2019.
- Urban-Net: A System to Understand and Analyze Critical Infrastructure Networks for Emergency Management [pdf] [demo]
Anika Tabassum, Supriya Chinthavali, Sangkeun Lee, Liangzhe Chen and B. Aditya Prakash in SIGKDD 2019, Anchorage.
- Data Mining Critical Infrastucture Systems: Models and Tools [pdf]
Anika Tabassum, Supriya Chinthavali, Liangzhe Chen, and B. Aditya Prakash in IEEE Intelligent Informatics Bulletin,Issue Vol.19 No.2, Dec 2018.
- Dynamic Group Trip Planning Queries in Spatial Databases [pdf]
Anika Tabassum, Sukarna Barua, Tanzim Hashem, and Tasmin Chowdhury in SSDBM 2017.
- Discovering knowledge regarding academic profile of students pursuing graduate studies in world's top universities [pdf]
S Ahmed, ASML Hoque, M Hasan, R Tasmin, DM Abdullah, A Tabassum in Computational Intelligence International Workshop, 2017.
- University ranking prediction system by analyzing influential
global performance indicators [pdf]
A Tabassum, M Hasan, S Ahmed, R Tasmin, DM Abdullah, T Musharrat in KST 2017.
- Towards Quantifying Vulnerabilities in Critical Infrastructure Systems [pdf]
Pravallika Devineni, Bill Kay, Hao Lu, Anika Tabassum, Supriya Chintavali, and Sangkeun Lee in IEEE BigData Workshop on Big Data Tools, Methods, and Use Cases for Innovative Scientific Discovery (BTSD), 2020.
- Steering a Historical Disease Forecasting Model Under a Pandemic: Case of Flu and COVID-19 [pdf]
Alexander Rodriguez, Nikhil Muralidhar, Bijaya Adhikary, Anika Tabassum, Naren Ramakrishnan, and B. Aditya Prakash in NeuRIPS Workshop on Machine Learning in Public Health (MLPH). 2020.
- Quantification of Energy Cost Savings throughOptimization and Control of Appliances within SmartNeighborhood Homes [pdf]
Supriya Chinthavali, Varisara Tansakul, Sangkeun Lee, Anika Tabassum, JeffMunk, Jan Jakowski, Michael Starke, Teja Kuruganti, Heather Buckberry, JimLeverette in ACM International Workshop On Urban Building Energy Sensing (UrbSys) 2019, New York.
- Software Design and Data Structures, CS 2114 (Spring 2019, Fall 2018)
- Introduction to Software Design, CS 1114 (Spring 2018, Fall 2017)