I am a Ph.D. candidate in the
Department of Computer Science at
Virginia Tech and a student member at the
Sanghani Center for Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics.
I am supervised by
Dr. Chandan K. Reddy.
I received my master degree in Computer Science from
Wayne State University.
My research work mainly focuses on clinical question answering
and information extraction, survival analysis and graph mining.
I have published in leading conferences like WWW, CIKM, NAACL and
journals like ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR) and IEEE TKDE.
I served as a PC member for ACL, EMNLP, COLING, AMIA
and as a reviewer for ACM HEALTH, CSUR, TKDD and IEEE TKDE.
I will join the
Department of Computer Science at Stevens Institute of Technology
as an Assinstant Professor in Fall 2021.
I am looking for PhD students starting in Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
Please contact me by ping.wang[at]stevens.edu if you are interested in working with me.
- 05/2021: Check out my
Sanghani Center Student Spotlight.
- 04/2021: Received the Research PhD Student of the Year award from CS@VT.
- 04/2021: Selected to give a lightning talk at
WiDS Blacksburg 2021
at Virginia Tech.
- 01/2021: Accepted to Google’s CS Research Mentorship Program (CSRMP) Class of 2021.
- 01/2021: Paper about contextual embedding learning for knowledge graph accepted by WWW 2021.
- 12/2020: Served as the poster mentor and student volunteer at WiML@NeurIPS 2020.
- 12/2020: Paper about self-supervised aspect detection accepted by AAAI 2021.
- 11/2020: Served as a student volunteer at EMNLP 2020.
- 10/2020: Invited to serve on the program committee of NAACL 2021.
- 08/2020: Invited to serve on the program committee of AAAI 2021.
- 08/2020: Received a scholarship for attending GHC 2020 from CS@VT.
- 05/2020: Invited to serve on the program committee of EMNLP 2020 and COLING 2020.
- 01/2020: Paper about Text-to-SQL generation on EMR accepted by WWW 2020.
- 01/2020: Invited to serve on the program committee of ACL 2020.
- 01/2020: Paper about Tensor-based Temporal Multi-Task Survival Analysis accepted by TKDE.
- Self-Supervised Learning of Contextual Embeddings for Link Prediction
in Heterogeneous Networks
Talk, WWW 2021, April 2021.
[ Slides |
- Text-to-SQL Generation for Question Answering on Electronic Medical Records
Talk, WWW 2020, April 2020.
[ Slides |
- A Bayesian Perspective on Early Stage Event Prediction in Longitudinal Data
Poster, CRA-W Grad Cohort Workshop, April 2017, Washington D.C., USA.
- CRISP: Concensus Regularized Selection based Prediction
Talk, CIKM 2016, October 2016, Indianapolis, IN, USA.
- Bayesian Network based Event Forecasting Models for Censored Data
Poster, SDM 2016, May 2016, Miami, FL, USA.
- Program committee:
AAAI 2021, ACL 2020-2021, EMNLP 2020, COLING 2020, AMIA 2017-2021.
- Reviewer for journals:
ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR)
ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD)
ACM Transactions on Computing for Healthcare (HEALTH)
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)
Elsevier Neural Networks (NEUNET)
Elsevier Signal Processing (SIGPRO)
Canadian Journal of Statistics (CJS)
- Other services:
Student volunteer: EMNLP 2020, WiML@NeurIPS 2020
Poster mentor: WiML@NeurIPS 2020