Recent PhD and Masters Thesis Students
The following is a list of Phd Dissertations and MS Theses for my students, since 1996 (inception of the Virginia Tech Electronic Thesis and Dissertations (ETD) project.
- Mohammed Farghally, Visualizing Algorithm Analysis Topics PhD Dissertation, November 2016.
- Sally Hamouda, Enhancing Learning of Recursion PhD Dissertation, December 2015.
- Eric Fouh, Building and Evaluating a Learning Environment for Data Structures and Algorithms Courses, PhD Dissertation, May 2015.
- Nabanita Maji, An Interactive Tutorial for NP-Completeness MS Thesis, May 2015.
- Monika Akbar, Integrating Community with Collections in Educational Digital Libraries, PhD Dissertation, December 2013.
- Ann Molly Paul, QBank: A Web-Based Dynamic Problem Authoring Tool, Masters Thesis, June 2013. Defense presentation
- Daniel Breakiron Evaluating the Integration of Online, Interactive Tutorials into a Data Structures and Algorithms Course, MS Thesis, May 2013. Defense presentation
- U.J. Mobassera Extending Regulatory Network Modeling with Multistate Species, MS Thesis, Decmeber 2011.
- A.J. Alon The AlgoViz Project: Building an Algorithm Visualization Web Community, MS Thesis, July 2010.
- Ranjit Randhawa Model Composition and Aggregation in Macromolecular Regulatory Networks, PhD Dissertation, May 2008.
- Matthew L. Cooper Algorithm Visualization: The State of the Field, MS Thesis, April 2007.
- Liya Thomas Automated Detection of Surface Defects on Barked Hardwood Logs and Stems Using 3-D Laser Scanned Data, PhD Dissertation, September 2006.
- Nicholas A. Allen Computational Software for Building Biochemical Reaction Network Models with Differential Equations, PhD Dissertation, November 2005.
- Dhananjay Mishra Integration of Graphical User Interface and Data Visualization Tools in a Problem Solving Environment for Wireless System Design, MS Thesis, April 2004.
- Purvi Saraiya Effective Features of Algorithm Visualizations, MS Thesis, July, 2002.
- Ali Zafir NetEdit: A collaborative Editor, MS Thesis, April, 2001.
- Amit Goel Visualization in Problem Solving Environments, MS Thesis, June 1999.
- James Michael Allen Begole Flexible Collaboration Transparency: Supporting Worker Independence in Replicated Application-Sharing Systems, PhD Dissertation, December 1998.
- Philip L. Isenhour, Sieve: A Java-Based Framework for Collaborative Component Composition, MS Thesis, February 1998.
- John B. Raley, Factors Affecting the Programming Performance of Computer Science Students, MS Thesis, October 1996.
Return to Cliff Shaffer's homepage.